Mental Health Advocate/Support Worker
Canadian Mental Health Association—South Okanagan Similkameen branch seeks a
Mental Health Advocate/Support Worker 1 on a part-time basis.
CMHA-SOS provides services to support the resilience and recovery of those living with a mental illness. The branch also provides health promotion and services to promote mental health.
If you meet or exceed the following requirements, please consider submitting your resume by February 1, 2023
- Diploma in Community Social Services or related field.
- Recent, related experience of 2 years.
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe
- Mental health literacy
- Advocacy Skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Skill at fostering a healthy organizational culture, and encouraging teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience and skill at coordinating group programs such as arts and crafts, yoga and sports activities.
- Strong computer skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license
Pay rate as per HEU Community Collective Agreement:
Mental Health Advocate 15 hours per week: $26.38 per hour – Grid 33
Support Worker 1: 10 hours per week: $23.27 per hour – Grid 21
Part time position- 25 hours per week
Position to start February 13, 2023
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Advocate Support Worker Jan 2023 ( Pdf 158 Kb)
Download the Advocate Support Worker Jan 2023 ( Microsoft Word 248 Kb )