To empower consumers to accept responsibility, promote health, mental wellness, social interaction and job readiness.
The purpose of the Consumer Development Program is to administer consumer involvement funds for advocacy, self-help, education and consumer initiatives specifically endorsed by the local Funding Criterion Committee.
What is CDP?
CDP is a consumer run committee. This committee has access to funds for adults with a mental illness who can apply for funding for physical, health, educational and personal growth opportunities.
The Consumer Development board consists of consumers, family members and advisers from Interior Health Mental Health Team and the Canadian Mental Health Association. There are two boards:
- Penticton committee which covers Penticton and Area, Princeton and Keremeos
- Oliver committee that covers Oliver and Osoyoos.
- Two consumer run committees continue to meet regularly (Penticton & Oliver)
- Group education courses were:
- Exercise ( Memberships)
- First Aid
- Food Safe
- Art classes
- Business Start-up
- College Courses
- Self Improvement (i.e.: crafts, supplies, guitar lessons, etc.…)
For more information contact our CDP Coordinator a 250-493-8999 or firstname.lastname@example.org